The North Shore Intermediate Speech Arts Festival 2012 Schedule
***All Speech Arts performances are held at St. Pius X in the gymnasium. Please see the daily performance schedules linked above and make note of the guidelines and expectations outlined below. Downloadable, printable schedules are attached below.
Students need to bring:
· Original source the passage appears in must be provided.
· Any “simple” props
· Duologues must have a retyped transcript of piece including individual character’s lines and excluding narration.
· No internet or photocopies allowed.
· Please remind your students and their parents that all times are approximate. They should arrive 15 minutes before their scheduled times.
· Please note: that students who are sick or have conflicts with their scheduled times will not be re-scheduled.
· As in the past, audience members are asked to bring canned food donations as an “entry fee”.
· Just a reminder that students are allowed to present a Gospel reading for the Bible Readings. Intermediate students must pick readings from the 2012 missal.
· Students are also asked to present in full school uniforms or they cannot present their piece.
· Toddlers are still strongly discouraged from attending. Please consider including this in your parent letter. Words to the effect of “it is crucial that your non – school aged children be able to remain quiet for up to an hour,” should be used.
· Similarly, hosts are asked to remind parents that videotaping and flash photography are still not permitted. It was suggested that the hosts say, “For the sake of your child’s performance, no videotaping. It is a distraction to the child.”