HTS Parent Participation Program
Policies & Procedures
- When a volunteer is unable to fulfill their PPP commitment, it is their responsibility to find a suitable replacement for their shift(s) prior to the date of the commitment. Replacements have to be at least 18 years old and meet the following criteria:
- Yard Duty or Crossing Guard volunteers can ONLY switch shift(s) with a current volunteer already assigned to those positions.
- Library volunteers may switch shifts with another volunteer ONLY within library. Make up shift for library will be allowed, it needs to be completed in the same month of the missed shift. This must be communicated to the school librarian, if the shift is not completed in within the same month it will then be considered a "no show".
- All other positions can be fulfilled by any parish, school or family member that meets the age and physical requirement to fulfill the assigned job.
- The coordinator(s) responsible for the event or activity assigned will notify the PPP coordinator, preferably immediately or alternatively within the next 3 days, of any irregularity or issue with the volunteers in writing providing all the necessary information pertaining the issue.
- The PPP coordinator will then communicate the issue to the PEC PPP representative and will provide all pertinent information of the case as well as any possible rescheduling options for the volunteer in question if necessary.
- The PEC Communications Officer will communicate with the volunteer in writing to notify that the PEC is aware of the situation and further action might take place (i.e. cashing of PPP cheque(s)). The volunteer is given 7 days to issue a response.
- The PEC will discuss the issue, in camera.
- The PEC Communications Officer shall notify the volunteer of its decision in writing within 7 days of the meeting.
- The volunteer may appeal the PEC decision in writing within two weeks, in which case the PEC will repeat procedure steps 5 and 6.
- If the volunteer does not appeal the PEC decision within two weeks, the decision will be carried out.